The Franciscan sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary congregation was founded in 1844 by Rev. Fr. Louis Savenien Dupuis M.E.P in Pondicherry to liberate the women and make them self-reliant.By the efforts and hardships of our ancestors today the immaculate spread into all over India and abroad (U.S.A, Africa, PNG and Italy). Education has been the sole weapon to strive for the upliftment of the women society.Until a decade the congregation had been concentrated mainly on imparting basic education to women, as it was its crucial need. But the rapid progress in human civilization and science and technology necessitated the congregation provide higher education to the womenfolk as they were still found in miseries and lurch. Therefore, it was strongly felt that only the higher and professional education could make them face challenging future.